Founder / Producer : Wooyong Song
Wooyong began his career in TV production in 1995.From 2000, he started producing various programs including documentary ‘Youngmae’ and ‘KBS Independent Film Theatre’ series. He also made programs for KBS, Arirang TV and FTV. Since 2008, he has been managing Upright Media and producing numerous TV programs.
Co-Founder / Director : Hyewon Jee
Hyewon has over 20-years of experience in producing and directing documentaries about culture, history and human interest stories. She started her career at a prominent documentary production company, The Third Vision, and then later worked at TV Chosun, a nationwide general broadcasting network. In 2008, Hyewon left the network to establish her own independent production company.
- KBS Program of Excellence Award: "Korean architect Kim Sookeun" 1999
- Korean Broadcasting Commission Award: "Pizza Aunt in Rome,"2002
- KBS Program of Excellence Award "KBS World Cup Special," 2002
- YMCA - Program of Excellence Award "Human Theater," 2004
- YWCA - TV Program Award: "Wonderful lessons - Yongjae O'Neill and Nakdong Children," 2010
- Gender Equality Encouragement Award: "Asian women are the future," 2012
Producer : Sunah Kim
Sunah Kim is a Korean-American producer who has been working in TV and film fields since 2005. While living in New York from 2006 to 2013, she had worked on over 60 productions as a U.S. production manager/ local producer for TV programs that aired on KBS, SBS, MBC, EBS, and many other cable channels in South Korea. She also produced two short and one feature narrative films which were invited to prestigious film festivals in the world. In addition, she produced and directed a talk show series ‘The Portfolio’ which was aired on five local cable channels in the U.S.
In spring 2013, Sunah moved to Korea to make a documentary film about the greatest Korean thinker who laid the foundation for authentic Korean philosophy. Currently she is working with Upright Media to develop inspiring projects that can appeal to a global audience.